Welcome to Panther Playhouse!
Panther Playhouse is Kirkland Middle School's after-school performing arts company that creates two productions annually. The company belongs to the students and we permit as much control as possible while providing the structure necessary to assure a productive learning environment. We work in partnership with school staff and the process should be a positive catalyst to their academic experience. CLICK HERE for more information about our program. Panther Playhouse exists thanks to the support of Kirkland Middle School, Kirkland Middle School PTSA, and our participant families.
- Turn in completed participation form for student on time.
- Attend the parent meeting one week prior to auditions.
- Make any required payments.
- Report all potential student rehearsal conflicts.
- We can work around most conflicts, though they can impact casting decisions.
- Set realistic casting expectations for actors.
- We give every student an opportunity to shine no matter what role they receive.
- Pick up your student from rehearsal on time and verify they have signed out.
- Contact your student or parent producer if you will be late.
- Actors must attend every "required" rehearsal.
- Actors and crew must take part in every performance.
- Parent must chaperone two rehearsals for each student involved.
- All parent chaperones must be a LWSD approved volunteer.
- Parent must participate in one parent committee for each student involved.
- We highly recommend all families of Panther Playhouse students be a KiMS PTSA Member.
- Committee leads should communicate regularly with parent producer.
- Fall Musical: Assist with closing procedures.
- Parents may be needed to shuttle students to LWHS after school to rehearsals during the final week.
- At closing, parents required to assist with striking set, cleaning and shuttle students to KiMS for cast party.
- Spring Shakespeare: Assist with closing procedures.
- At closing, parents assist put away chairs, clean space and striking set.
Praise for Panther Playhouse
"Just do it. It is indeed a commitment but it goes by quickly and the kids learn to balance their schedules. The take away is worth all the sacrifice for any size role your child plays."
"Participating in the KiMS plays have given my child a sense of belonging and accomplishment that she would not have been able to experience if not for The Panther Playhouse productions. She is not interested in athletics and because of this opportunity she has discovered a group of students who appreciate her quirky and creative personality and connect with her so well. I appreciate that there are opportunities at KiMS for children that have a passion for the arts."
"Be ready to work. Be ready to play. It is a commitment, one of the best ones you and your child will make!"
"Great opportunity for students to gain acting or stage production experience. Great opportunity to make new friends."
"A great way for you and your child to grow in confidence, make friends, and have fun. I think it teaches kids the value of hard work and the pride they can feel when they accomplish something, not to worry about what others think so much and getting out there and doing your best and just having lots of fun working with friends who support you."
"I've seen an incredible increase in confidence in my daughter as a result of participating in this show. She's not afraid to speak (or sing!) in front of an audience, she's a better musician and dancer, she's made great friends, and she had so much fun she can't wait to do another show. Thank you so much for offering this amazing experience for our kids."
"So enriching. A terrific experience for our son."
"I am so glad that the directors encouraged us to make the show our own, and this is only one of the many reasons I loved putting together the play with my inspiring peers."
"It is really fun to learn new dances, sing need songs, and interact with new people. It was amazing!"
"Everyone was so supportive and wonderful to work with!"
"The Director has an amazing way of casting each child in his / her perfect role that showcases out their strengths and talents. The shows are great for families and the experience your child will get is second to none!"
“really knows how to connect and bring out the best in his actors! He’s been truly wonderful and the kids really enjoyed working with him! Thank you!”
“Fantastic atmosphere for all children to bring out their talents. Funny and enjoyable productions suitable for all families.”
“has enormous patience and great understanding of this age group of kids. Truly talented in bringing out the strengths of each child.”